Sunday, April 7, 2013
Burglarized apartments had windows unlocked at the time of the incidents.
Wayne police are investigating a set of three apartment burglaries in the area of Valley Road on Thursday. According to Capt. James Clarke, the apartments were burgalized between 10:30 a.m. and 9 p.m. and likely after sunset. The apartments are all at ground level and had unlocked windows. Police are asking anyone with information on the burglaries to contact them at 973-694-0600.
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
County roadway is among the most dangerous in Wayne data from a non-profit transportation agency shows.
Valley Road, North Leg Road, Hamburg Turnpike, Breakneck Road, and 502 have been deemed the most dangerous roads in Wayne by the Tri-State Transportation Campaign (TSTC). Five people were killed on the roadways between 2009 and 2011. All the victims were 61 years old or older; three of the individuals were 83 or older. Twenty-four pedestrians were killed on county roadways in those years, data from the TSTC shows. A 22-year-old man was killed in a two-vehicle crash on Valley Road last September. The TSTC is a non-profit organization that seeks transportation reform in New Jersey and New York. The following data is for Wayne between 2009 and 2011. — Have a question or news tip? Contact editor Daniel Hubbard at Daniel.Hubbard@patch.com or …
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Half-mile stretch of roadway is between Ratzer Road and Lancaster Court. Valley Road is one of the most heavily traveled roadways in town.
Valley Road between Ratzer Road and Lancaster Court will resurfaced this year. The county-owned road is one of the most heavily traveled thoroughfares in the town. The project will be funded with a $400,000 bond and a $250,000 state grant. The town council approved an ordinance Wednesday authorizing the appropriation of the bond. The project is separate from the township’s larger annual road paving project. The project has not been sent out for bids yet. Township officials did not know when the project would commence or how long it would take. Officials do not know if or when the half-mile portion of Valley Road would be closed to traffic. The section of Valley Road is one of the worst stretches of road to drive on in the town. The Wayne …
Monday, March 26, 2012
$250,000 grant will help improve Valley Road.
The township will receive a $250,000 grant from the state to repair and resurface Valley Road. The money is part of $3.7 million in Local Aid grants issued by the state Department of Transportation (DOT). The other 15 municipalities in Passaic County will also receive grants. “These grants advance local projects without placing a burden on local property taxpayers,” DOT Commissioner James Simpson said in a statement. The DOT will issue 75 percent of the grant, $187,500, when the town awards a contract for the project and the remaining 25 percent when the project is complete. Local officials said the township would probably go out to bid on the project this year. The grant will most likely not cover the entire cost of the project. Parts of …