Van Riper-Hopper House
The Van Riper-Hopper House, built in 1786, was dedicated as a museum in 1964. Also on the property is the Archeological Laboratory and the Van Duyne House, which was moved to this location in 1974 because its original location was in the path of Route 23.
The gardens are peaceful and rustic; a welcome respite to the hustle and bustle of Wayne on a busy afternoon. There is also a beautiful view of the Point View Reservior from the grounds.
- Hours: The grounds are open daily during daylight hours. Tours are by appointment.
- Parking: Free lot
- Guided tours?: Yes
- Audio tours?: No