The township's public schools announced via a post on the district website that they will be closed Monday due to inclement weather.
National Weather Service forecasters are calling for three to seven inches of snow Monday. And, more snow will likely be coming to the area Wednesday.
See the NWS forecast for Wayne below:
- Monday: Snow, mainly before 3pm. High near 33. Northeast wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
- Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. North wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 34. Light and variable wind.
- Tuesday Night: Snow, mainly after 11pm. Low around 26. Calm wind becoming northeast 5 to 8 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Wednesday: Freezing rain and sleet before 1pm, then a slight chance of freezing rain between 1pm and 2pm, then a slight chance of snow after 2pm. High near 31. Northeast wind 7 to 10 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.