A family came home to their house on fire Monday night.
The fire, which was reported at about 9 p.m., was confined to the basement of a Parish Drive house, said fire Commissioner Steve Toth. The family who lives in the house was not at home when the fire began.
A dog on the second floor was unresponsive when firefighters entered the house.
“Firefighters gave the dog oxygen and it became responsive,” Toth said. “He was taken to a local animal hospital to be evaluated.”
Toth said the fire "appears to be electrical."
There was heat and smoke damage to the house. The township’s fire inspection bureau is investigating the fire. The house is uninhabitable.
Fire companies 1 and 2 and the Wayne First Aid Squad responded to the fire.