A man who was driving a Canadian tour bus during a crash on a Route 80 exit ramp that injured 23 people in October 2012 has been fined more than $15,000, NorthJersey.com reported.
According to the report, Neville Larmont, of Toronto, was convicted of three Department of Transportation violations in connection with the accident. The DOT’s regulations disallow commercial drivers from driving 10 hours in a row, and driving more than 15 hours in a 24-hour period, reports said.
During a trial that started last month, prosecutors presented Larmont’s time sheets, which showed that he had worked for two bus tour companies consecutively on Oct. 5 and 6, 2012, totaling more hours than allowed by the regulation, the report said.
The bus went over a curb and fell onto its left side during the crash near Exit 53 on Interstate 80, the report said.