By Andrew Sylvia
Can the act of buying coffee change the world? Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz thinks so, and he wants to give free coffee to his customers while doing it.
Starbucks has announced on its website that it will provide a free coffee through Friday to anyone who offers to buy a coffee for someone else.
In the message on the chain’s website from Schultz, he explains the effort is an attempt to help the country come together following the recent troubles in Washington such as the government shutdown and the looming debate over raising the debt ceiling.
“I’ve said before that we have a responsibility as well as an opportunity not to be bystanders, but to act in ways that contribute to the vibrancy of the communities where we live and work,” said Schultz in his statement.
Starbucks locations throughout the region are taking part in this community-building bit of coffee-fueled activism.
A list of northern NJ Starbucks locations follows:
- Basking Ridge, 655 Martinsville Road
- Bedminster, 432 Us Highway 202/206
- Bridgewater, The Village at Bridgewater Commons
- Chatham, 640 Shunpike Road
- Chester, 537 Route 206 South
- Denville, 2 Broadway
- Denville, 3056 Route 10 West
- East Hanover, 405 Route 10 East
- Florham Park, 184 Columbia Turnpike
- Gillette, 977 Valley Road
- Glen Ridge, 701 Bloomfield Ave.
- Hackettstown, inside Target, 68 Route 46 West
- Hackettstown, inside A&P, 7 Naughright Road
- Hillsborough, 601 Route 206
- Madison, 309 Main St.
- Morris Plains, inside Stop & Shop, 245 Littleton Road
- Rockaway, Rockaway Townsquare Mall
- Warren, 4 Mt. Bethel Road
- Watchung, in Blue Star Stop & Shop, 1511 Route 22 West
- Wayne, 1606 Route 23 North
- Wayne, 183 Hamburg Turnpike
- Wayne, 57 Route 23 South
- Wayne, 1400 Willowbrook Mall