ADULT CATS: 10 REASONS TO ADOPT!
Everyone loves a cute kitten, but many people don’t realize that adopting an adult cat can be better for so many reasons. Remember, adult cats were once cute little kittens too and ask any senior cat owner and they will tell you that furry feline faces never get old! Learn the 10 reasons why adopting an adult cat can be so rewarding and please consider giving one of our adult cats at the Wayne Township Animal Shelter the loving forever home that they deserve.
1. APPRECIATION: When adult cats are adopted, they seem to understand that they’ve been rescued and are so extremely thankful for finally being freed from their shelter cage and welcomed into a warm and loving home.
2. PERSONALITY: An adult cat’s personality has already been developed, so you’ll know if he/she is a good match for your family. There are no surprises here, what you see is what you get!
3. TRAINING: You can teach an old cat new tricks! Adult cats have the attention span and impulse control that makes them easier to train then their youthful counterparts.
4. ETIQUETTE: An adult cat already understands basic household etiquette like not jumping up on counters or attacking your feet at night! No need to teach them good manners, they’ve been there and done that already!
5. LITTER TRAINED: Adult cats are already litter trained and know the drill. There won’t be accidents on your nice carpeting or beautiful wood flooring!
6. SIZE: An adult cat won’t grow any larger, so you know exactly how much cat you’re getting!
7. RULES: Adult cats often know that scratching posts, not furniture, are for scratching and toys, not hands or feet, are for biting and swatting.
8. CONTENT: An adult cat is often content to just relax in your company, unlike younger cats who get into mischief because they are bored.
9. NAPPING BUDDY: Speaking of relaxing, adult cats make excellent napping buddies on the couch! With an adult cat you get an instant best friend to watch TV, movies and cuddle with for hours!
10. SAVING A LIFE: Senior cats are some of the hardest to find homes for, so when you adopt a senior cat, you are truly saving a life!
WHERE TO FIND US:
WAYNE TOWNSHIP ANIMAL SHELTER
201 Pompton Plains Crossroads
Wayne, NJ 07470
(Located off Route 23 North; take the Jackson Avenue exit)
ONE OF MANY: STOP BY TO MEET YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND TODAY!
These adult cats are just some of the many loveable furry friends awaiting adoption at the Wayne Township Animal Shelter! Many of these animals have very sad stories of abandonment and have been waiting at the shelter for a long time, but they still hold out hope for a second chance to get out of their shelter cage one day. If you’re searching for a best friend who will provide unconditional love and affection, we’ve got plenty of furry faces just waiting to meet you! At the Wayne Township Animal Shelter we are committed to finding our dogs and cats loving forever homes which means matching them with the right owner.
BE A HERO AND ADOPT!
CHECK OUT ALL OF OUR ADOPTABLE ANIMALS HERE: www.petfinder.com/shelters/NJ516.html