Vacant Properties, Relay Fundraising and More This Week on Wayne Patch
Here is a look ahead to what you'll find on Wayne Patch this week.
Here’s some of the stories you will find on Wayne Patch this week:
- We’ll fill you in on some of the empty business properties in town. We’ll let you know what people think should be built in town and ask them the question: what does Wayne really need?
- Teams have already begun to raise donations for the annual Relay for Life fundraiser later on this year. The town-wide event raises thousands of dollars for the American Cancer Society. We’ll talk to a few members of one team and find out how they plan on soliciting donations this year.
- We’ll attend the mayor and council meeting Wednesday and let you know what happens. The council is scheduled to appropriate about $2 million for the 2013 road resurfacing program.
The council is also expected to issue a proclamation regarding Richard Corsetto. Corsetto was inducted into the National Junior College Athletic Association Basketball Hall of Fame.
- The Board of Education will host a special meeting on Monday, March 4. Officials will further develop the district’s 2013-14 budget. The board may go into executive session to discuss personnel. Action may be taken in public.
- The board will hold a regular meeting on Thursday. We’ll let you know what happens there and if anything regarding the budget is discussed.
If you have a suggestion for a story, please e-mail editor Daniel Hubbard at: email@example.com or call him at 973-987-7049.