Thousands in Wayne Still Without Power
Nearly 2,800 PSE&G customers still have no power. JCP&L customers estimates power will be restored by Wednesday.
Although progress has been made, thousands of people in Wayne are still without power.
PSE&G estimates that nearly 2,800 residents are still without power Sunday afternoon, about 28 percent of customers.
Parts of the Packanack Lake neighborhood were still without power. Residents reported that homes on the Farmingdale Road side of Black Oak Ridge Road were still without power.
The Lions Head Lake section of town was without power.
“There are two trees down on Colfax Road and Linden Road still has a tree lying across it,” said Lions Head resident Claire Furber. “They told us that the best estimate is that we’ll have it back by Thursday or Friday.”
About 85 percent of residents receive their power from PSE&G. Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L) services the remaining 15 percent.
About 2,800 of PSE&G's 19,500 customers in Wayne don't have power, about 28 percent of customers.
"We're planning on having power restored within the next three days but we don't have a definitive timetable set," said Deann Muzikar, a PSE&G spokesperson. "Everything is still in motion and in flux still."
A statement on JPC&L ‘s website stated that its 1,200 Wayne customers can expect to have their power restored by Wednesday.
The latest numbers released by PSE&G Sunday morning, estimate that a few hundred people each day would have their power restored Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday:
- Sunday, Nov. 4: 461
- Monday, Nov. 5: 441
- Tuesday, Nov. 6: 608
According to PSE&G's latest press release, the next restoration schedule update is due out late Sunday afternoon.